Christine Mohrmann Fellowships (Tenure Track)
The Faculty of Science at Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands) initiated the Christine Mohrmann Fellowship programme in 2016 to attract and promote talented young women with outstanding potential in the natural sciences. In this third round, Mohrmann fellowships are available in the fields of chemistry and physics at the Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM) and the HFML-FELIX facility. The focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- Chemical biology, more in particular medicinal chemistry/neurochemistry (experimental).
- Complex molecular systems, chemical reaction networks (experimental or computational).
- Quantum dynamics, cold collisions (computational).
- Physical chemistry, atomic and molecular physics (experimental).
- Advanced Spectroscopy, solid state physics (experimental or computational).
- Advanced THz spectroscopy in high magnetic fields at HFML-FELIX (experimental).
The fellowship comprises a tenure track in which the Fellow starts as an Assistant Professor (UD) on a temporary basis, with the prospect of a permanent position within six years. The faculty also welcomes applications from women with a more senior profile and will be happy to offer them a customised tenure track. The fellowship includes an attractive start-up package and an excellent guidance and mentoring programme.
We are looking for female candidates who meet the following requirements:
- PhD degree in chemistry, physics or a related field.
- Excellent research record.
- Proof of independence and international recognition.
- Teaching experience demonstrated by, for instance, tutoring/mentoring of individuals or small groups.
- Experience with acquiring external funding for research projects would be a bonus.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: permanent appointment.
- Employment: 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,978 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and amount of relevant professional experience.
- Starting salary will depend on experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: permanent appointment.
- At the start of the tenure track you will be appointed as an Assistant Professor, Level 2 (salary scale 11). If your performance is evaluated positively at the end of your tenure track, you will be permanently appointed as an Assistant Professor, Level 1 (salary scale 12). If you are a more senior candidate, an Associate Professor (salary scale 13-14) profile may be applicable.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Radboud University has seven faculties, which together cover the full range of academic disciplines. Its teaching and research staff hail from more than fifty countries. With several brand new buildings and state-of-the-art facilities, the leafy modern campus in Nijmegen provides an open and welcoming environment with a personal touch, encouraging the sharing of knowledge among academics, across disciplines, and within and between research institutes. Radboud University firmly believes that a broad perspective is essential for generating new insights and solutions in both science and society.
Faculteit der Natuurwetenschappen, Wiskunde & Informatica
The Institute for Molecules and Materials is an interdisciplinary institute in chemistry and physics at Radboud University. Its mission is to perform fundamental research at the highest international standards to understand, design and control the functioning of molecules and materials and to educate and train the next generation of leaders in science and entrepreneurship. The IMM actively explores and promotes university-industry interactions and the application of its fundamental research. The IMM distinguishes itself from similar institutes by access to strong infrastructure that includes large user facilities such as the High Field Magnet Laboratory (HFML) and the Free Electron Laser facility FELIX. There are intense collaborations and interactions between chemists and physicists and/or experimentalists and theorists within IMM and HFML-FELIX. Radboud University offers customised facilities to better align work and private life. Parents are entitled to partly paid parental leave, and Radboud University employees enjoy flexibility in the way they structure their work. The Faculty of Science further offers a €50,000 premium for continued research during maternity leave.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Prof.dr. H.M. Cuppen
Autres annonces de l'employeur
Postes de haut niveau
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Professor in Marine Sustainability
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) Lyngby-Taarbæk
PhD Position in Environmental Chemistry / Stable Isotope Biogeochemistry
University of Basel Basel
Poste de technicien.ne en informatique
University of Basel Basel
Research scientist in Hydrogeochemistry
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) Akershus