Doctoral student in Embedded System Design
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för elektroteknik och datavetenskap
Third-cycle subject: Information and Communication Technology
Embedded systems take over an increasing number of vital functions in society. The design process for these systems has to ensure that all design constraints and requirements, e.g. that the system has to react in time, are satisfied by the final implementation. In larger safety-critical industrial systems, like cars or planes, several applications with individual design constraints share the same platform, which means that the design process also has to take into account that the applications are affecting each others timing behaviour.
The successful applicant will be member of the ForSyDe group at KTH. ForSyDe is a formal system design methodology based on the theory of models of computation and is the base for research activities in several European and national projects. ForSyDe comprises system modeling, design space exploration and system synthesis and envisions an automated correct-by-construction design flow with formally defined design transformations from system-level specification down to an implementation on a multiprocessor system-on-chip platform. The successful applicant is expected to conduct research within the development of this correct-by-construction design flow, which also involves cooperation with national and international partners.
The applicant should hold a Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and have very good analytical and programming skills. The ideal candidate has also knowledge in one or more of the following areas: System Modeling, Formal Methods, Synthesis Tools and Compilers, Functional Programming, Hardware/Software Co-Design, FPGAs, Embedded Software, Embedded System Design, and Real-time Systems. The candidate is expected to be curious, ambitious and strongly motivated to conduct research. The candidate should have the ability to work individually and in teams. Good communication skills in both oral and written English are required.
Supervision: The doctoral student will be placed at the Royal Institute of Technology and supervised by Professor Ingo Sander.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic international research environment in close cooperation with industries and advanced universities the world over.
- A personal study plan to support your development within your areas of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH s Doctoral student salary agreement .
- A postgraduate education at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as study environment.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH .
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle studies may be employed as a doctoral student. The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year and may there after be extended. Doctoral students may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website .
Doctoral section (Students union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section's website .
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary according to kth's doctoral student salary agreement
Reference number: J-2019-2110
Last application date: 2019-10-28
Autres annonces de l'employeur
Postes de haut niveau
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Professor in Marine Sustainability
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) Lyngby-Taarbæk
Assistant professor in Cyber-physical systems with focus on safety practice
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan Stockholm
PDEng position Energy & Process Technology
University of Twente (UT)
PhD position in Gravitational Wave astrophysics
National Institute for Subatomic Physics (NIKHEF)