Doctoral student (licentiate) in health systems engineering
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för kemi, bioteknologi och hälsa
Third-cycle subject: Health systems engineering
There has been a dramatic increase in research activities around precision medicine and personalised care over the past few years. This has to a large extent been enabled by advances in genetics, proteomics, data sciences and information technology. However, the chasm between technological innovation and healthcare implementation remains significant. Health systems engineering enables the use of systems engineering tools to assess and optimise treatment processes and healthcare organisation, and therefore has the potential to bridge the gap between innovation and practice.
The main focus of this PhD project is to develop a general framework for evaluating the impact of technological innovation and quantitative algorithms, in precision medicine and precision dosing, on clinical practice with the aim of improving the efficiency of treatment processes. The project will combine modelling of healthcare systems and processes together with models of disease and pharmacology to build evidence for the approach in collaboration with our clincial partners.
Applicants should hold, or be about to receive, a Master of Science in science, technology, health, or a related discipline. The successful candidate should have strong interest in quantitative data analysis, clinical practice, networking and collaborative research to bring novel ideas to clinical care.
The successful applicant will join our highly multidisciplinary group located at the Flemingsberg campus, specialising in healthcare logistics and informatics, with a wide range of combined experience in the area of systems modelling and simulation, complex adaptive systems and participatory gaming.
Supervision: The doctoral student will be placed at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology and supervised by: Professor Sebastiaan Meijer, Assistant Professors Adam Darwich and Jayanth Reghothama.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic and international research environment in collaboration with industries and prominent universities from all over the world.
- A compulsory individual study plan to support your development in your area of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH s Doctoral student salary agreement .
- A postgraduate education at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as study environment.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH .
- An open, creative and multidisciplinary research environment with opportunities to work and collaborate on methodologically diverse and innovative projects.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
- Applicants must hold or be about to receive a Master of Science degree in science, technology or engineering, or related area.
- Applicants must have strong academic credentials, written and spoken English proficiency, communication and teamwork skills.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle studies may be employed as a doctoral student. The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year and may there after be extended. Doctoral students may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website .
Doctoral section (Students union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section's website .
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary according to kth's doctoral student salary agreement
Reference number: C-2019-1904
Last application date: 2019-11-28
Autres annonces de l'employeur
Postes de haut niveau
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Software Testing Coordinator
European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts - ECMWF Storbritannien
PhD: Engineering modular bio-inks to produce advanced tissue constructs
Universiteit Twente Holland
PhD Candidate in Finance, Centre for Corporate Governance Research
Handelshøyskolen BI / BI Norwegian Business School Oslo
PhD Candidates in Economics
Handelshøyskolen BI / BI Norwegian Business School Oslo