Postdoc in Mathematics: Random & optimal point configurations in the plane
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för teknikvetenskap
The postdoctoral scholar should work under supervision by and in collaboration with professor Hedenmalm, with the aim to deepen the understanding of Coulomb gas in the plane and also related determinantal processes. The achieved results will be published in international mathematics journals. In addition to the research activity it is expected that the postdoc should participate in the basic education of undergraduate or graduate students at the rate 20%.
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
- The environment at KTH includes in addition a vibrant activity in
As a person you are motivated to collaborate with your colleagues, and to work together towards solving outstanding scientific issues. We are happy to see that you have a documented interested in random gas models, alternatively competence in mathematical analysis which may be applied to analyze those models. Here we may mention e.g. the asymptotic analysis of reproducing kernels. Especially commendable is grasp of the methods that have been used to analyze the energy optimality of lattice configurations in certain dimensions.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
- Scientific skills.
- Educational ability.
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- Cooperative skills.
- Additional knowledge and skills that are preferred for the employment can be incorporated into the employment profile.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application should include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account (max 2pp) of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals.
- If possible, three letters of recommendations.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Fixed term employment /temporary contract 2022-08-31.
About the employment
The position offered is still valid for at least two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary
Reference number: S-2019-1781
Last application date: 2019-12-17
Autres annonces de l'employeur
Postes de haut niveau
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
University of Basel Basel
PhD Student position in Biomarker Research for Multiple Sclerosis
University of Basel Basel
PhD position in novel scaffolds for regenerative medicine
Universiteit Twente Holland
Two-year Postdoc opening: Advanced UHF MR image reconstruction
Maastricht University Holland