Research engineer in mobile app development and user experience
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
We are looking to employ a research engineer, full-time for 9-12 months, at the Mobile Service Laboratory (MSL), School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), division of Communication Systems. The MSL explores novel mobile service frameworks and application areas including connected health, connected vehicles and immersive media like VR/AR/MR. Core research paradigms include novel methods to asses the Quality of Experience (QoE), for different types of services, and a user-centric approach to system design.
The position includes both research (75%) and teaching (25%) components.
The research is conducted within the project Sleep in everyday life relationship to mood and performance in young and older adults , collaboration between KTH and Stockholms University (SU). The research project includes the following tasks:
- Development of an experience sampling application to periodically probe the users involved in the experiments with specific tests and questionnaires.
- Design of novel testing procedures utilizing the various sensors currently available in mobile phones.
- Integration of the app with wearable devices used to monitor the sleep quality.
- Implementation of an interface towards a back-end storage that is GDPR compliant (third party developed). This is used to store the experimental data.
The teaching component of the work requires to provide support in the Developing Mobile Application course. The main teaching assistant duties are 1) to support students groups during the development of their apps and 2) to give a set of overview lectures on Android, iOS and web apps.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH .
Read more about what it is like to work at KTH
- A graduate degree or an advanced level (higher education) in the research subject or equivalent competence.
- Experience in developing best in class applications for Android and iOS
- Experience in building native apps for Android and/or iOS
- Contributions to apps that are live on App Store or Google play is a plus.
- Experience in writing easy to read, maintainable, object-oriented code in Java/Kotlin/Swift.
Working experience in projects with different stakeholders, organisations and companies, is highly appreciated.
For the education component of the work, experience in student supervision and teaching are a clear added value.
Good knowledge of English in speech and writing is a requirement, in Swedish is a merit.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
Choose alternative 1 if the employment is permanent and altternative 2 if the employment is fixed-term or temporary
[Alternativ 1] The employment begins with a six month probation period.
[Alternativ 2] Temporary employment for up to xx months (alt. Year), or by agreement.
The employment is valid indefinitely or is limited by agreement
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here .
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Reference number: J-2020-2231
Last application date: 2020-11-27
Autres annonces de l'employeur
Postes de haut niveau
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Post-doctoral Position in Cardiac Signaling
Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases (I2MC) Frankrike
Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence with focus on Data Management
Umeå University Umeå
University of Basel Basel
PhD-Student/in im Bereich forensische Genetik
University of Basel Basel